NAWIC Dallas: November Panel Discussion Recap
Time & Location
About The Event
Panel Discussion RECAP
I wish someone had told me sooner!!
Thursday, November 19, 2020
11:30AM to 12:30PM
“Life happens, as women in a demanding industry, we can all appreciate that! In case you missed out on Tuesday night’s NAWIC Dallas panel discussion “I Wish Someone Had Told Me Sooner” we’ll be hosting a recap discussion via zoom on Thursday, November 19th at 11:30AM. So grab your lunch, join the video call and we’ll fill you in on what a few of our current and former NAWIC Dallas members had to say about being a successful woman in construction”
RECAP: Portions of the Tuesday Night meeting will be played
Being a woman in a male-dominated profession comes with its own set of challenges but the good news is that you are not alone! Whether you are in preconstruction, operations or support – focus on a specific trade or projects as a whole – are on the job site day-to-day or interacting with construction professionals off-site, there is always something you wish you would have known sooner!
Join NAWIC Dallas for a virtual panel discussion with our membership on what has helped them to become successful women in construction. What skill development was their highest return on investment? Where is it difficult to show confidence? What are they most proud of? What keeps them coming back? What are some tips they would give to someone just starting out?
Our panelists will be:
- Stephanie Teetes: Founder & President of Underground Support Services, LLC (USS) // 14 years in the industry
- Kelly Van Winkle: President & CEO of King of Texas Construction Company, Inc. // 16 years in the industry
- Angelique Wunderlin, EIT: Project Manager at The Brandt Companies, LLC // 6 years in the industry
- Laurel Wesson: Branch Manager at United Rentals // 6 years in industry
Upon registering, you will receive the Zoom meeting link via email.
December Book Club - 12/4/2020, 7AM
Book: “Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals" by Rachel Hollis
- Virtual Meeting Only$0$00$0
- 1 Raffle Ticket$5$50$0
- 5 Raffle Tickets$20$200$0